I have already spoken about the utility of VIDIZMO for SharePoint add on. So without waiting any further let me show you the steps
to install it on SharePoint 2010 environment. The difference between installing
for SharePoint 2010 and MOSS 2007, is only minor. So most of the steps apply
for both the environments.
First and foremost, you need following before you can even think about installing VIDIZMO for SharePoint…
- SharePoint 2010/MOSS 2007 Standard/Enterprise version installed on machine
- In case of MOSS 2007, you additionally need Service Pack 2 installed
- SharePoint 2010 should have latest windows updates and should be configured with following services up and running:
- Microsoft Office Server 2010
- Search Service (Federated Search)
- Timer Service
- Since VIDIZMO for SharePoint interacts with instance of SharePoint installed, it further needs ‘Windows SharePoint Services Administration’ service running on the server. Go to Administrative Tools > Services and make sure its running before you run setup
- You’ll need to run setup under a user that has administrative level access to SharePoint configured and he must have local system administrator rights. He should be added in local system ‘Administrators’ group
- And finally, you’ll need a Channel created at VIDIZMO before you begin installing. VIDIZMO for SharePoint utilizes your existing VIDIZMO Channel information and content using your Login credentials. If you do not already have VIDIZMO Channel, you can sign up a FREE 30 Day trial by clicking here
- Once your channel is set up, you need to add your SharePoint domain to trusted domains on channel
Select “Update Channel” page from “Settings” Tab then Channel details drop down
Let the setup begin…
After making sure everything stated above is in place, let’s start the installation procedure.
- Run the main setup.exe by right click and Run as administrator.
- Provide the administrator Login Id and Password for your Channel at VIDIZMO and click ‘Verify Credentials’
- If there are more than one Channel associated with the login id, a drop down showing all the Channels will appear. Select appropriate Channel from the drop down and Click ‘Next’
- In the ‘Site Settings’ tab, provide your SharePoint Site URL and click verify button
Next, on same screen, y0u can Install VIDIZMO for SharePoint as Top Level site or as a Sub-site:
- a- When setting up as Top Level Site select Top Level Site as shown below:
- b- Or choose sub-site option and provide name and title as you like:
Note: Setup will create a new site within SharePoint Site Collection based on the information provided at this step. For example, in the screenshot above, setup will create a site on http://moss2007.pdomain.com/VIDEO_PORTAL. The new site will automatically be configured with VIDIZMO Channel information provided earlier
SharePoint Absolute URL Type your valid SharePoint absolute URL. Setup will check this URL before proceeding to next step. For Example: http://MySharePoint.MyCompany.com. Please note that this URL should must exist in Alternate Access Mapping Site Name Provide the Sub site Name (optional – when choosing sub-site). Setup will create a sub site in your SharePoint Site. We recommend using “VIDIZMO’ as your site name. For Example: Your sub site address will look like:
http://MySharePoint/VIDIZMO or http://vtlssp2010dev.softech.us/VIDIZMO
Site Title Provide sub site title for your sub-site After deployment your VIDIZMO for SharePoint URL will be Once the setup is completed successfully. Your channel users will use this link and enjoy VIDIZMO in your SharePoint.
- Go to ‘Site Template’ and select an appropriate Site Template from the list available by clicking on it. Setup shows all the Templates available in the SharePoint environment you chose at the first tab. Once the information has been provided, click on checkbox
below to enable NEXT button. Pressing NEXT will take you to the next step.
Note: Though VIDIZMO doesn’t stop you from choosing any template, there are some that have been approved by VIDIZMO for use and hence are recommended.
Vidizmo approved Setup requires you to select a sub site template from this list of Vidizmo approved templates. This is the list of templates that work properly with VIDIZMO based on its specific requirements. It is highly recommended to select a template from among this list. All templates This is the list of all site templates available for your selected SharePoint site including custom templates. VIDIZMO for SharePoint is not guaranteed to work with these templates, if you have a custom template that you’d like to use VIDIZMO for SharePoint to work with, please contact VIDIZMO technical support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
- Click on the ‘I have verified all Settings’ check box and click ‘Next’
- The setup will check for pre-requisites and ensure everything is in order before initiating the installation procedure. Here’s how the next step should look like before moving on to Next step. If setup clears everything, click ‘Next’
Note: In case, setup detects anything missing, such as Search Service etc. it’ll show error icon in red next to the line item. In such case, you’ll have to resolve the problem and run the setup again.
- Accept EULA by selecting ‘I accept the terms in the License Agreement’ and click ‘Next’
- Setup lists all the available web application in the instance of your SharePoint Server whose URL was provided in second step. Further, Setup will detect the web application from the list to start solution installation and deployment. Click ‘Next’
Note: SharePoint (MOSS 2007 and SharePoint 2010) both create Web Applications, with Site Collection under them, which contains the actual site. So at this step, setup will automatically choose appropriate Web Application. Normally it doesn’t make sense to deploy VIDIZMO for SharePoint on Administrator or SSP applications
- Setup will start installation of VIDIZMO for SharePoint as shown below…
- Finally click ‘Next’ after the setup is complete
- Press Close button to exit the Installation Setup.
After the installation is complete, go to the site URL provided in Site Settings tab in Fourth step above and start watching Rich Media Presentations published in VIDIZMO channel right from SharePoint environment.Facing problems in installation, check VIDIZMO for SharePoint troubleshooting sectionWant to see how the website will look like, visit VIDIZMO for SharePoint – a quick glance!