The digital era can be characterized by the growing necessity for digital asset management across all industry verticals. From the corporate world to academia, the health industry to non-profits – just about every sector is now required to manage a multiplicity of digital assets generated on a daily basis.
Contemporary digital assets include a variety of media, including videos, audios, images, slides, spreadsheets, PDFs, infographics, brochures, and various other media used to capture, document and share information. Often, such media is stored in disparate, sometimes insecure locations such as desktop folders, shared drives, cloud hosting sites (such as Dropbox), SharePoint CMS, flash drives, and even discs or tape backups – all of which poses towering concerns regarding content security, storage, management, retrieval, search, and distribution.
To resolve asset management dilemmas, every organization today needs a comprehensive digital asset management solution with the following key capabilities:
Flexible media capture and consolidated storage
A digital asset management solution must offer flexible media capture options for all types of digital assets so an organization can collectively store all rich media assets in a centralized media repository. The platform must offer automatic ingestion options from various digital folders or bulk media upload option for efficient media upload.
Considering the enormity of rich media files, the platform must also provide scalable or unlimited data storage capacity in the cloud and on-premises to accommodate growing media usage across enterprises. Flexible storage options are also integral to support lengthy data retention policies, which could range from 5-25 years or more for critical media files that require long-term traceability.
Secure yet distributed platform access to various stakeholders
An organization’s digital assets are generated across various departmental units as well as through partners, contractors, and other external vendors. Such dynamic media consolidation in a distributed ecosystem requires that a digital asset management platform provide secure platform access to multiple stakeholders with varying levels of permissions and access controls.
The platform must also support both internal and external platform access to enable a highly integrated and collaborative asset management system that eliminates time and cost efficiencies as well as the security risks associated with disintegrated media sharing. Moreover, in the case of multi-party collaboration, the platform must also provide detailed audit logs or platform analytics that track, record and trace all activity to specific users within the system.
Media indexing for efficient content search, retrieval and management
With numerous digital assets being hosted within one platform, it is imperative to index all media to enable quick and efficient asset search and management. In the case of video, it is vital that all videos are automatically transcribed using AI technology to index content inside the videos and make it searchable.
For all other media assets, detailed metadata categorization is essential for maximal indexing. Additionally, other AI vision, language and search technologies also play an integral role in indexing content of media files, especially video, to simplify its retrieval and management for end users.
Workflows for content management, moderation and sharing among teams
A digital asset management platform must incorporate necessary content upload rights management and content moderation workflows to control who can share what type of media to the system and with whom, as well as how approvals are granted before the assets are made publicly viewable.
The asset management platform also needs to have workflows for content sharing between teams, especially in the case of internal and external teams, which must define content sharing restrictions between certain user groups or through certain distribution channels.
Integration with existing enterprise content management applications
Digital asset management does not take place in isolation. Every organization has various other business applications that need to be integrated with your digital asset management solution for media import of existing assets or video catalogues as well as an ongoing exchange of digital media with other content management systems.
Not only this, but a digital asset management platform also needs to offer flexible interoperability with other line of business applications such as corporate LMS, CRM, and video conferencing tools as well as IT systems such as enterprise active directory, cloud providers, content delivery networks, encoding tools, etc.
How VIDIZMO provides robust digital asset management
Built on Gartner-recognized VIDIZMO Enterprise Video Content Management System, VIDIZMO Digital Asset Management (DAM) solution is fully equipped to capture, store, manage, locate, analyze and share all digital media in flexible deployment scenarios in the cloud or behind the firewall.
Following are VIDIZMO capabilities that enable efficient digital asset management:
- Flexible media capture: VIDIZMO DAM automatically captures and ingests all types of digital assets, including videos, audios, images, slides, documents, PDFs, etc. while also providing compatibility with a broad range of media file formats.
- Media collections: To organize various media into a comprehensive digital file, VIDIZMO DAM enables the creation of media collections where you can combine related media of different digital assets into one digital folder. VIDIZMO DAM collections, for instance, combine videos, graphics, and documents in one consolidated file.
- Tags: VIDIZMO DAM allows users to assign tags to all media to improve content searchability. Similar or related media that is assigned a common tag then appears collectively in a search for that particular tag.
- Metadata and faceted search: VIDIZMO DAM enables seamless keyword search throughout the platform by applying a wide range of metadata categories to all digital assets in a consistent manner. Moreover, with custom attributes or custom metadata categories, VIDIZMO DAM further improves faceted search or multi-filter search for more targeted and refined asset search with improved accuracy and relevancy.
- Smart, AI-enabled search: In a highly innovative asset management solution, VIDIZMO DAM offers various artificial intelligence technologies for smart and efficient asset search. This includes search inside videos using AI-enabled transcription and captioning as well as search based on faces, speakers, objects or characters recognized using various AI capabilities.
- Centralized storage: VIDIZMO DAM collectively stores all of a company’s digital assets in one platform with unlimited storage capacity, thereby eliminating the risks posed by unorganized and insecure storage of assets in disparate files, folders or external storage devices.
- Flexible deployment options: A customer has the option to install VIDIZMO DAM in the environment of their choice – whether it is in public, private or hybrid cloud or behind the firewall in on-premises data centers. As a Microsoft Gold partner, VIDIZMO also offers native integration with Microsoft Azure Commercial and Azure Government cloud. With this, the customer also attains the broadest range of compliance offerings of Azure Commercial and Azure Government Cloud.
- Role-based access control: A secure role-based access control system, authorized via single sign-on integration, provides complete user and content separation based on user roles defined within the system. Each user is assigned a particular role with different permissions, which includes administrator, manager, contributor, moderator and viewer-only access. This helps limit the actions a user can perform within the platform depending on their assigned roles.
- Single sign-on: VIDIZMO DAM enables your users to access VIDIZMO with the same set of corporate login credentials as the rest of your business application. It does so by providing single sign-on integration with enterprise active directory groups and forests, as well as support for various other SSO protocols such as SAML-P, LDAP, WS-Federation, and Unified IAM services such as Okta, OneLogin, Ping etc. For custom SSO requirements, VIDIZMO offers ID connector to provide the ultimate flexibility of user authorization and segmentation. External users can also be assigned third-party logins through Google, Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Audit logs and encryption: To keep track of all user activity within the platform, VIDIZMO DAM offers detailed audit logs of who accessed the platform/ media, when, and shared with whom. This mitigates platform intrusion, data tampering and exposure, fraudulent activity, and unauthorized media access. Moreover, we also offer password protection and encryption of media to add another layer of security.
- Asset review and moderation: With contributor and moderator level user roles, VIDIZMO DAM provides users with the ability to ‘contribute’ or upload content but also offers a layer of content moderation for approval by authorized users with moderator-level access. For automatic redaction of specific media contents, VIDIZMO offers AI-powered redaction capabilities for faster moderation of identified materials in a video.
- Interagency asset sharing: VIDIZMO DAM enables multiple stakeholders to use the same platform to upload, view, manage and share digital media assets among teams or with external users. This then makes for a highly interactive and fluid inter-team or inter-agency asset sharing and collaboration within a single platform.
- Interoperability: In a modular, open application infrastructure, VIDIZMO DAM provides out-of-the-box platform integration with a range of other business applications such as CMS, LMS, CRM, video conferencing, and IT systems as well as custom integration options with any proprietary or industry-specific tools used by customers – all of which ensures interoperability between VIDIZMO and a customer’s existing operating systems.
- Asset preservation: VIDIZMO DAM stores and retains all digital files and metadata in its original format to preserve asset integrity in its original form along with any altered, edited or processed files.
- Data retention and auto-archiving: VIDIZMO DAM supports long-term data retention policies by allowing asset storage over any amount of time. Additionally, platform administrators can set a timeframe for content expiration and archival, depending on data retention requirements, which optimizes storage without manual efforts towards deletion of expired content.
- Hyperlapse video and analysis: VIDIZMO offers Hyperlapse capabilities that help condense lengthy CCTV footage to generate quick summaries of useful parts of the video, in the form of remarkably smooth time-lapse videos.
In addition to our given capabilities, we also customize our solution based on specific customer requirements. To know more about how VIDIZMO Digital Asset Management solution can help your organization, contact us today or request our free 30-day trial.