Have training sessions at your police department and want to move them online? Looking for a solution where you can record and upload such training sessions, and make them available as on-demand videos to police officers online.
Something like an internal YouTube where officers can browse through a library of recorded training and view them at their own pace, from their own devices from the comfort of their homes. VIDIZMO’s video platform can help you achieve this and more, essentially helping you move your police training online.
Video-based training is better than providing your learners with lengthy text to read, and research proves it. Moreover, providing such video training online as opposed to holding in-person classes, has its own set of benefits. Research shows that online learning has no negative impact on learning performance, and at the same time it's more convenient. With online learning on the rise, it’s a good idea for your Police department to shift its training online.
Such training is not only good from a learners’ perspective, but it also benefits your Police department. Here are a few benefits of online video training for your police department:
- It saves time! Rather than conducting training again and again for every new batch of recruits, you are better off reusing recorded training videos.
- It helps standardize your training.
- An on-demand video library of training material can make it easy for your officers to revisit information whenever they need them. Whether it’s awareness
Learn more about the benefits of using an online video-based training platform.
To enable you to conduct such video training online, we are here to help. You can opt for our solution VIDIZMO EnterpriseTube, which allows you to create your own internal YouTube-like video platform for online training.
Donuts and Online Video Training? Seems Like a Good Combination!
Baltimore PD Utilizes VIDIZMO to Upload and Securely Stream its Police Academy Sessions Online
Learn More About VIDIZMO Video Training Platform
VIDIZMO EnterpriseTube for Online Police Training
- Upload training videos and officers can access them on-demand through an internal YouTube-like platform after signing in (which can be integrated with your SSO or IAM system).
- You can also use the same system to conduct live training sessions and stream them to remote viewers, and record these sessions to make them available as on-demand videos later. You can also capture feed from cameras in lecture rooms, record and publish them.
- You can interactive elements inside both live and on-demand (VOD) videos, such as quizzes, surveys, and handouts, and also interact with learners through means of timed comments, normal comments or live chat.
- All videos are optimized for playback and play through the browser on any device. Playback is also supported on a range of varying bandwidth conditions through video transcoding and adaptive bitrate streaming.
- Benefit from AI-generated transcripts and closed captions in more than 80 languages.
- You can categorize videos into courses according to various police training, or create playlists or collections using your videos.
- You have the option to integrate with an existing LMS as well, where you can have videos right next to your text-based learning.
- If you have training material created in SCORM, you can import these onto VIDIZMO.
- You can define access for videos or share them securely as well. For every video, you can assign as to who can view them, select officers or groups (these can be synced groups from your IAM system), or specific departments, or you can choose to make the video available to your entire organization or the public. Learn more about video sharing in VIDIZMO.
- You can create separate autonomous video portals for separate departments, such that each has its own users and content separated from the others. Your police department can have one video portal for one district, the second for another and so on.
- You can quickly find videos using VIDIZMO’s AI-powered search, which can search inside videos using spoken words, faces, objects and on-screen text.
- You can automatically ingest and publish recorded online meetings from Zoom and MS Teams into your on-demand library.
You can always sign-up for a free trial and try out the platform for online police training yourself. You can deploy the platform on your premises, in Azure or AWS cloud (Commercial or Government), to meet particular compliances or based on your organizational preferences.
Different Ways to Use Online Video in Training for Police
Your police department can use video in almost all of its training, except for the physical ones. Here are a few ways in which video can be utilized for online police training:
About 67,100 offices join the police force in USA alone. Your department does not need to train each new officer again and again.
Your organization can greatly benefit from a formalized onboarding process. This helps improve the performance of recruits, their ability to meet future milestones and also results in greater satisfaction for superiors. New recruits can be walked through the basic law enforcement training, rules and procedures etc.
“What the Police Don’t Know May Hurt Us” – Police officers can better perform their jobs if they are better aware of the legal implications of their actions. There are various laws laid down for arrest, search, seizure etc. and minor mistakes can cause criminals to be wrongfully acquitted. Hence, it's important to make sure officers are aware of the law. And delivering video training on the different laws and their implications can be a better method to create legal awareness amongst police officers as compared to handing them lengthy legal documents to read.
Law Enforcement Technology Training
From Computer-Aided Dispatch Systems (CAD) to operating Evidence Management Systems, police officers work on a range of technologies and software. Police officers can utilize the true potential of these technologies only if they are completely aware on how to operate them. Rather than making officers read lengthy documentation, explaining how to use these systems through interactive videos can be a much better option.
Knowledge Base for the Police
VIDIZMO can be used not only as a video training platform but as a knowledge sharing platform as well. Expert and experienced police officers can conduct sessions with other police officers, record and make them available to new ones that join in.
Emergency Response Training
A survey found out that 76% of local US government agencies have responded to some form of natural disasters among which floods, blizzards and ice storms are the most common. To respond effectively to such situations, it’s important for agencies including police departments to have a mitigation plan in place and for officers to be fully aware of it. Video training can be an effective way to deliver such training and keep your force prepared for unprecedented circumstances.
Training for Handling Evidence
Police officers are also actively involved in assisting detectives, evidence technicians and investigators in collecting and processing evidence. However, evidence files come with their own set of requirements such as maintaining a chain of custody or preventing it from tampering. A YouTube-like platform for online police training can help educate the force regarding various rules of evidence.
Get Started on Video Training Today
These were only a few ways to use video in police training online. The beauty of VIDIZMO’s platform is that you can use it to conduct all sorts of training online – record videos of your training and share them with officers. To get started, you can either opt for a free trial or contact our team to answer any of your queries and give you a demonstration of our platform.