The rising adoption of video streaming and content management platforms has brought to light a major dilemma for most organizations: what cloud deployment model is the best to fulfill their organizational needs? A study by Cisco had anticipated that, by 2021, 94% of the global workload would be processed by the cloud data centers. Hence, choosing the right cloud deployment model is no small dilemma as any sort of misstep might put you leaps and miles behind your competition.
There are a variety of techniques to deploy cloud resources, all providing corporations with varying levels of control, flexibility, and management. Here is an analysis of the benefits of each cloud deployment model:
SaaS-Shared Cloud Deployment Model
This is a ready-to-deploy cloud model for customers to host their content in a vendor-managed multi-tenant environment. Customers have various packages to choose from in this cloud deployment model, including a consumption-based model or registered user model. In the consumption-based model, customers only pay for the named (authenticated) users who use the software within a month. In the registered user model, customers pay a flat fee for all named (authenticated) users registered in the account.
- Cost-effective solution with a pay-as-you-go subscription model
- Ready-to-deploy solution so it allows speedy deployment
- Suitable for small to medium-sized enterprises with less stringent compliance and security requirements
- Highly scalable cloud deployment model based on factors like the number of users or storage space
- Maintained and automatically updated by the vendor
Vendor Provided Cloud Deployment Model
This is a vendor-provided and managed dedicated cloud option that gives customers the ability to enforce specific policies according to their organizational content needs.
- Highly scalable
- Customer's choice of datacenters anywhere in the world
- Very configurable and customizable solution
- Customers have greater flexibility and control over data, performance, security, and storage
- Customers can test and validate software integrations and updates in the staging environment before their release to internal & external customers
Customer Provided Cloud Deployment Model
This is a "Bring-Your-Own-Cloud" (BYOC) model that provides customers the flexibility to host and deploy the video platform in any public or private cloud provider of their choice. Hence, customers only pay for the vendor's software and services to manage the solution.
- Customers have high security and control over data, identity, access management, network, firewall configuration, and compliances
- Cloud provider is still responsible for protecting the infrastructure, which is composed of hardware, software, networking, and facilities
Private Cloud Deployment Model (On-Premises)
This option is for larger corporations wanting to deploy on-premises on their own data center. These organizations can choose to install the vendor's software through their own enterprise IT team or engage the vendor's professional services to install the software as required. A private cloud is understood to be a single-tenant environment, which means the organization using the tenant does not share resources with other users. This type of deployment is favored by organizations that cannot share critical information with public cloud providers and need dedicated resources to handle such sensitive information.
- Self-services for large-scale customers that do not require a vendor to install the software for them
- Deployable on customer-provided infrastructure
- The most scalable and elastic cloud deployment option
- Customers have the highest degree of control in this model
- This deployment model is highly configurable and customizable due to a dedicated infrastructure hosted on-premises
- Higher level of security and privacy through both company firewalls and internal hosting to ensure operations and sensitive data are not accessible to third-party providers
Hybrid Cloud Deployment Model
A private cloud can be combined with public clouds to create a hybrid cloud, allowing businesses to take advantage of "cloud bursting" to free up more space and scale cloud computing services to a public cloud when computing demand increases. For instance, digital assets such as videos produced by organizations can be hosted on-premises, but the vendor's application can be hosted on a public cloud.
- A good balance between benefits of public and private cloud in terms of control and vendor-assistance
- Public cloud will allow infrastructure to be available in multiple regions while digital assets such as videos produced by organizations can be hosted on-premises
- Sudden increases in video demand can also be accommodated by "bursting through" from private to public clouds
- Cost-effective compared to the private cloud option as it alleviates the need for large capital expenditures to handle short-term spikes in demand
- Organizations can scale their computing resources and costs according to their requirements
Need a Vendor That Provides All These Cloud Deployment Models According to Your Needs?
VIDIZMO, a Microsoft IP Co-Sell Ready Gold Partner and recognized in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, offers its customers several deployment options for its enterprise video content management system and digital evidence management system to fit their unique business, compliance, and technical requirements. We provide customers the flexibility to deploy resources to host their content in a SaaS-shared multi-tenant or dedicated single-tenant cloud environment via VIDIZMO through public cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Service (AWS). Customers also have the option to bring their own cloud (BYOC), and leverage their existing infrastructure on a private cloud (single-tenant). VIDIZMO also offers a video streaming server for on-premise deployments. Lastly, customers can connect existing on-premises resources with infrastructure and applications on cloud through a hybrid deployment model.
Contact us to know more about VIDIZMO Enterprise Video Content Management System and our cloud deployment models, or sign up for our free trial to explore the platform today!