If you have thousands of videos stored, then finding the right information is just going to take a lot of time. Here’s where you’ll need a video indexing software with AI capabilities to extract information out of them and help you find information much quicker.
According to a survey by Attentiv, the average meeting time is between 31 to 60 minutes.
If you need to find important information in a library of 100s of recorded meetings, it’s almost impossible and counter-productive for you to open and go through every meeting.
If it’s a text document, then any simple file explorer can help you easily find what you need. But video data is different! You can only search videos based on titles and not on what is spoken inside them. Unless you use a video indexing software.
What is a Video Indexing?
Video indexing is the process of extracting information from videos to help users find and access videos more easily.
It originates from the term indexing, which generally means making information more presentable and accessible.
In technology, video indexing generally involves extracting information out from a video and storing it in a database. This information is called video metadata.
The information can be a transcript of what was spoken in the video or the names of the people appearing within it. This helps a search engine quickly find a video as it can go beyond the basic title search and look for information contained within the metadata.
Why Need a Video Indexing Software?
Video indexing is generally done through means of software rather than manually. This is mainly because manual indexing can be a costly and time-consuming process.
It takes 4 hours to transcribe a 1-hour long video. Manually indexing spoken words in a library of 1000-hour long videos is just not the best idea.
A video indexing software is generally equipped with AI capabilities to speed up the process for you. And we’ll discuss what these are shortly. The bottom-line, it helps you quickly index videos and save time.
VIDIZMO Video Indexing Capabilities
VIDIZMO EnterpriseTube is a Gartner-recognized video content management system, which offers multiple features to help you index videos. These include:
- AI-generated transcriptions to index spoken words in around 39 languages. It also supports multi-lingual transcription such that a single video can contain speakers of up to any 4 of 22 supported languages.
- AI-generated translation of transcriptions into 52 languages to improve search in multiple languages.
- Automatic topic detection to tag videos (in 52 languages as well).
- Automatic character recognition using OCR. This helps index appearing on-screen text such as license plate numbers.
- Automatic face identification using AI. Faces cannot be recognized so you’ll have to name identified faces manually. You can also turn of facial identification if you don't have a legal basis for this processing.
- Automatic celebrity recognition.
- Automatic brand recognition.
- Automatic object detection.
- Automatic speaker recognition.
- Custom AI models to detect specific scenarios such as cracks in footage of pipes or anomalies on industrial premises.
VIDIZMO also offers a powerful search to quickly find videos using information contained within metadata.
Disclaimer: VIDIZMO AI capabilities are confined to the general accuracy of AI today. To learn more about expectations, do read our blog on the accuracy of AI.
Complete Enterprise Video Platform
VIDIZMO EnterpriseTube offers not just video indexing but a complete video platform (something like your private corporate YouTube) where you can storage and manage content. Indexing comes in as a bonus!
The platform is great for managing recorded Zoom meetings and our customers have used it for the same. By indexing recorded meetings, you can harness all the information contained within them.
VIDIZMO EnterpriseTube is a complete video platform that can be used to store large amounts of video data and use it for multiple use cases. Examples include training and learning, corporate communication, archiving, live streaming, marketing, or simply for sharing videos securely.
The platform is available as SaaS, in Azure or AWS, commercial or government cloud, or can be deployed on-premise.