Want to live stream on the Azure Cloud? Let us explore how to go about it! Azure Media Services allows you to live stream on the Azure Cloud through advanced media workflows that you will need to stitch together to ensure a smooth streaming experience. However, this process of Azure live video streaming can prove to be highly complex and very time-consuming.
Another more cost-effective and simpler method would be to opt for a ready-made enterprise video platform, VIDIZMO (a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner), that allows you to benefit from all the AMS workflows while remaining in the Azure environment.
Read More: How Secure is Microsoft Azure Cloud?
In this blog, we will go over the complex method of directly setting up Azure Live Video Streaming as well as discuss how to have the same experience via VIDIZMO with all the additional benefits.
Azure Live Video Streaming: All the Components Involved
Azure Media Services supports two types of live events:
- Pass-through: Under this live event type, your on-premises live encoder does the transcoding to generate multiple bitrate streams which are ingested and processed by the Live Event.
- Live Encoding: Under this live event type, your on-premises live encoder only sends over a single bitrate stream which is to be transcoded by the Live Event into multiple bitrate streams for improved content delivery.
Here are all the major components involved in live video streaming directly from Azure Media Services:
Dynamic Packaging and Delivery
With multiple bitrate video streams ingested, AMS Dynamic Packaging allows you to preview and broadcast your live stream through modern video streaming protocols (MPEG DASH, HLS, and Smooth Streaming formats) which you can deliver to a compatible video player or utilize Azure Media Player (which has another complex set up involved).
Security is of the utmost importance for corporations in ensuring that there is no breach, especially when it is a private stream. For that purpose, AMS offers dynamic encryption for securing your live stream with AES-128 or one of the major DRM systems.
AMS Dynamic Filtering component allows you to specify the formats, bitrates, etc., that are delivered to your video player.
CDN for Scalability
For a global live stream at a large scale, it is best to opt to enable a CDN on the streaming endpoint to ensure a smooth buffering-free experience accessible to all the various locations.
VIDIZMO for Azure Live Video Streaming
VIDIZMO, a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner company, offers a Gartner-recognized enterprise video platform for both live and on-demand video streaming and end-to-end video content management.
The platform is a pre-packaged solution with several package options deployable in the Azure Cloud. You will be utilizing all the complex workflows of AMS without going into the hassle of stitching them together.
Benefits of Azure Live Video Streaming Through VIDIZMO
- Modern video streaming protocols utilized and built-in CDN support to ensure live event scalability.
- Automatic transcoding and adaptive bitrate streaming to ensure compatibility with all devices and browsers as well as a buffering-free smooth streaming experience.
- Possible to record your live streaming and have it immediately available for on-demand playback – edit it to clip out unnecessary bits.
- Option to create YouTube-like video portals with HTML5 interactive video player to ensure a responsive, mobile-ready viewing experience.
- Can embed your live stream on your site or application – you can even have it SSO-enabled for private streaming.
- As these services are run in the cloud, you can scale up as your demand increases and only pay for the resources that you consume.
- Your live stream will have multiple backups to ensure there are no unexpected disruptions.
- Live DVR feature allows you to pause, rewind, and replay – viewers can easily catch up even if they join the live stream midway.
- Make your live stream interactive through features like live chat, QnA, and in-video quizzes, handouts, and surveys.
Contact the VIDIZMO team (or use VIDIZMO’s extensive documentation) for a one-time configuration of the live streaming set up and then you can schedule and conduct live streams without getting involved in any complexities. You won’t have to be involved in the trial-and-error of working directly with Azure and will be able to manage all your enterprise video content alongside your live streams.
Other than Azure Video Streaming, VIDIZMO’s enterprise video content management system is designed to cater to end-to-end video use cases, including marketing & sales, training & learning, onboarding, video archival, knowledge management, and many more. All this is possible while remaining in a secure and compliant environment.
Contact VIDIZMO’s team today to ask away any further queries or request a demo to understand the solution better.