Why look towards purchasing a cloud video solution for your organization? What are the benefits of doing so? The answer is simple. Video is powerful and a cloud based video streaming solution can help your organization harness its immense potential. Your audience can easily watch videos anytime and anywhere. You can control who views these videos, securely store them in compliant cloud environments. Lastly, you can scale your cloud storage and streaming capabilities as your business requirements grow.
VIDIZMO offers SaaS, and Managed Cloud based video solutions.
According to HubSpot, 86% of the marketers use video in marketing and 87% believe that it gives them positive ROI. Not only marketing, videos are an important part of internal communications and training in any organization. According to Google, 4 in 5 people surveyed thought that video helped them learn better.
The Limitations of Existing Video Streaming Solutions
Videos in organizations are either stored on local drives or are stored on your cloud file sharing site (SharePoint, Google Drive, DropBox etc.). Both of these have their limitations.
For videos saved on your local drive, it's difficult to share them to your audiences. You'll have to send them a copy through a USB, CD or upload it on a drive and send them a link. These extra steps reduce your productivity. The problem is worse when these are marketing videos and you need to share them with external audiences.
For cloud file sharing applications (SharePoint, Google Drive, DropBox etc.), it's easy to share files. However, these are not conducive to video experiences. For some of these, you'll have to download the video if it's not supported by your device. There aren't options to select the quality that you want to view the video in. You can't add forms, surveys and handouts in these videos.
The Benefits of Using a Cloud Video Streaming Solution
To successfully deliver video, you need a cloud video streaming platform where you can upload your videos and make them accessible to your audiences. These include simpler ones such as Vimeo, YouTube and much more complex ones such as VIDIZMO. The simpler ones allow you to upload videos and stream them to potential audiences. The complex ones essentially help you define how video is streamed; down to every detail. For example, you can stream both internally and externally, carry our live streams or upload on-demand video, and even define access for each video (who watches them and who doesn't).
Here are the benefits of using a cloud based video platform:
- Accessible from Anywhere and Any Device: Your audiences can view videos from home, at work or during their commute. The videos on these platforms are accessible as long as your audiences have an internet connection.
- Solve Bandwidth Challenges: You can choose to watch in 140p, or 360p, or 1080p, depending on the strength of your internet connection. These platforms offer transcoding, where multiple file formats are created to support varying bandwidth conditions.
- Readily Playable: You can readily play a video, without the need to download it. Just like YouTube!
- Security and Data Protection: According to Deloitte Insights, security and data protection was the top driver for cloud adoption. Depending on the cloud provider you choose to store your videos on, you can benefit from their security and data compliance practices.
- Easy Sharing: Through cloud video platforms, you can easily share your videos to your desired audiences through links or embedding on websites.
- Scalable: As your business grows, cloud platforms allow you to increase your storage, add more features and integrate with your new IT systems.
- Compliances: You can meet compliance requirements by customizing your cloud based video streaming solution. For instance, for GDPR requirements, you can choose to host your data in the EU. For section 508, certain video platforms allow you to add subtitles to your videos or automatically generate these subtitles.
- Searchability: When you have large amounts of videos stored in your organization, it gets difficult to find that 1 video amongst 1000s. A cloud video platform can ease this for you through tags, and search inside video by faces, objects and spoken words.
- User Management: Define who can view your videos and who cannot. For instance, you can allow your marketing department employees to only view marketing related training videos, and not the videos of the human resource department.
VIDIZMO as a Cloud Video Streaming Solution
VIDIZMO offers a Gartner recognized video content management system that is available as SaaS, or on Azure, AWS or any other cloud of choice. VIDIZMO offers all of the benefits mentioned above, and helps you harness the potential of video content in your workplace.
Here's a live demo of our platform.
You can contact us to set up a cloud video streaming solution or learn more.